The Goal of the STEAM Studio is to have a shared space within the SPASH community where students can explore their creative thoughts in a fun an innovative way. This space will allow students and teachers to work beyond the classroom walls and give students the ability to explore their passions while focusing on real-world problems.
St Paul American School Hanoi’s mission is to prepare our students to be Engaged, Educated, and Empowered global citizens. Our STEAM Outreach Plan follows this mission and its importance.
Guiding Principles of STEAM learning and goals of the STEAM Studio:
- Students work independently and collaboratively in an inquiry-based learning environment that encourages finding creative solutions to authentic and complex problems.
- Students are empowered to personalize and self-direct their STEM learning experiences supported by STEM educators who facilitate their learning.
- Students use technology resources to conduct research, demonstrate creative and critical thinking, and communicate and work collaboratively.
- The interdisciplinary problem-based curriculum includes a focus on real-world applications.
- Students demonstrate their learning through performance-based assessments and express their conclusions through elaborated explanations of their thinking.
- Students are given opportunities to make real-world connections with extended daily options or community/family support.
*AdvancedED STEM standards
Donate to the STEAM Studio!
This space is run on donations from the community, students in the school and staff members. We will take various items throughout the year to stock the room and allow for students to use on their projects. Students can be part of the sorting and organizig of the space as well! To find out more about HOW to donate items, please email Mrs. Sarah Webster at email@example.com
Engaged: Students will be given opportunities to explore their passion and interests through real-world projects and assessments. Our goal is to provide teachers and students opportunities to expand their STEAM literacy throughout all subject areas. Students will be able to tackle real-world issues through cross-curricular learning spaces.
Educated: Students will master concepts in STEAM education while becoming digital citizens within our community. Our goal will be to educate all learners in an International setting, including those that have been underrepresented in STEAM fields. Teachers will build lessons to not only teach content but to allow students to follow a pathway with intensified critical thinking, complex problem solving, and creativity.
Empowered Global citizens: Our goal is to strengthen partnerships with stakeholders throughout our community and around the world. As students begin questioning careers and world issues, teachers will support them in reaching out to others throughout our community to help solve those problems. Students will not only become literate in STEAM but also the important 21st Century skills needed in the workforce.